What Makes a Successful Language Learner?
Date: Sunday, September 26th, 2004 Time: 10:00 AM - 12:00 PM
Speaker: James Matchett, Hokuriku University in Kanazawa
In this presentation, we take a look at various factors that make up successful language learning. These factors, among others, include language aptitude, attitudes and motivation, the language learning environment, anxiety levels, the role of the teacher and language learning strategies. This will have implications not only the learner but also for the teacher in determining what kind of classroom atmosphere and methodology make for faster and better learning.
Organization: Hamamatsu Chapter of the Japan Association for Language Teaching (Hamamatsu JALT)
Cost: JALT Members: free
Non-members: 1,000 yen (1st visit is free)
Venue: Hamamatsu, ZAZA City Bldg. Palette, 5th floor, Meeting Room A
You can add this event to your iCal calendar.
- Click on the iCal icon. Your iCal software will start.
- Click 'Subscribe':
- Under 'Auto Refresh', select 'Every day' in case the the basic details change:
You can add this event to your Microsoft Outlook calendar.
- Click on the MS Outlook icon.
- See what happens.
- Tell us what happens. I don't have MS Outlook on a Windows computer, so I can't test it.
- If you click on the icon and nothing happens, do this:
- Right-click on the icon and save the file.
- According to Microsoft's support page, in Outlook's File menu, you should click Import and Export.
- Click to select Import an iCalendar or vCalendar file (*.vcs), and then click Next.
- Click to select the vCalendar file you've just saved, and then click Open.
Contact Hamamatsu JALT
Email QR Code:
Phone (work): 053-460-7956
Mobile phone: 090-9891-4844