Learning Styles in the Classroom: Yours and the Students'
Date: Sunday, September 26th, 2004 Time: 1:00 PM - 3:00 PM
Speaker: Catlin Hanna, Christine Winskowski
Learning happens all the time and in many different settings. While we are always learning, we do not all learn the same way. In this presentation we will explore the idea of the learning cycle and learning styles. Everyone attending the presentation will be given a copy of the "Learning Style Inventory". Developed by David A. Kolb, Ph.D., the LSI is a simple questionnaire that allows you to identify your preferred way of learning new information. In addition to interpreting your own scores on the LSI, a discussion will follow where you will learn practical ways to adapt your teaching to the learning cycle and to students with different learning styles.
Catlin Hanna and Christine Winskowski teach in the Department of International Cultural Studies at Morioka Jr. College / Iwate Prefectural University.
Organization: Iwate-Aomori Chapter of the Japan Association for Language Teaching (Iwate-Aomori JALT)
Cost: JALT Members: free
Non-members: 1000 yen
Venue: Iwate International Plaza, Morioka
You can add this event to your iCal calendar.
- Click on the iCal icon. Your iCal software will start.
- Click 'Subscribe':
- Under 'Auto Refresh', select 'Every day' in case the the basic details change:
You can add this event to your Microsoft Outlook calendar.
- Click on the MS Outlook icon.
- See what happens.
- Tell us what happens. I don't have MS Outlook on a Windows computer, so I can't test it.
- If you click on the icon and nothing happens, do this:
- Right-click on the icon and save the file.
- According to Microsoft's support page, in Outlook's File menu, you should click Import and Export.
- Click to select Import an iCalendar or vCalendar file (*.vcs), and then click Next.
- Click to select the vCalendar file you've just saved, and then click Open.
Contact Iwate-Aomori JALT
Email QR Code:
Phone (home): 019-662-8816
Phone (work): 019-663-3132
Email QR Code: