Paraphrasing: What's New? What's Old? What Works?
Date: Sunday, September 16th, 2001 Time: 1:30 PM - 5:00 PM
Speaker: William Teweles, Kwansei Gakuin University
This talk will focus on ways to incorporate paraphrasing into a composition class. Paraphrasing is a well-structured way to help students with vocabulary development, sentence structure, and summary writing in general. Using practice activities from standard textbooks and human interest-type articles from newspapers, the speaker will feature a few preferred intermediate-level paraphrasing activities.
Organization: Ibaraki Chapter of the Japan Association for Language Teaching (Ibaraki JALT)
Cost: JALT Members: free
Non-members: 500 yen
Venue: Ibaraki Christian University, Oomika-cho, Hitachi City
You can add this event to your iCal calendar.
- Click on the iCal icon. Your iCal software will start.
- Click 'Subscribe':
- Under 'Auto Refresh', select 'Every day' in case the the basic details change:
You can add this event to your Microsoft Outlook calendar.
- Click on the MS Outlook icon.
- See what happens.
- Tell us what happens. I don't have MS Outlook on a Windows computer, so I can't test it.
- If you click on the icon and nothing happens, do this:
- Right-click on the icon and save the file.
- According to Microsoft's support page, in Outlook's File menu, you should click Import and Export.
- Click to select Import an iCalendar or vCalendar file (*.vcs), and then click Next.
- Click to select the vCalendar file you've just saved, and then click Open.
Contact Ibaraki JALT
Email QR Code:
Phone (home): 0298-58-9523
Email QR Code: