What is Extensive Reading with Graded Readers
Date: Sunday, September 30th, 2001 Time: 10:30 AM - 12:30 PM
Speaker: Jeff Herman, Oxford University Press
This workshop will demonstrate in complete detail the reasons for and the practical implementation of Extensive Reading with Graded Readers. We will then venture into reading extension activities to show how out-of-class reading readily leads to in-class oral communication. Teachers of all ages and levels will find this workshop useful for developing reading and speaking fluency, confidence and motivation, as well as being a remarkably time-efficient strategy. Participants will receive a free brochure, complete in both English and Japanese, based on research done by Dr. Rob Waring, further explaining the ins and outs of Extensive Reading with Graded Readers.
Organization: Iwate-Aomori Chapter of the Japan Association for Language Teaching (Iwate-Aomori JALT)
Venue: Iwate Kokusai Koryu (Iwate International Plaza) in Morioka
You can add this event to your iCal calendar.
- Click on the iCal icon. Your iCal software will start.
- Click 'Subscribe':
- Under 'Auto Refresh', select 'Every day' in case the the basic details change:
You can add this event to your Microsoft Outlook calendar.
- Click on the MS Outlook icon.
- See what happens.
- Tell us what happens. I don't have MS Outlook on a Windows computer, so I can't test it.
- If you click on the icon and nothing happens, do this:
- Right-click on the icon and save the file.
- According to Microsoft's support page, in Outlook's File menu, you should click Import and Export.
- Click to select Import an iCalendar or vCalendar file (*.vcs), and then click Next.
- Click to select the vCalendar file you've just saved, and then click Open.
Contact Iwate-Aomori JALT
Email QR Code:
Phone (home): 019-662-8816
Phone (work): 019-663-3132
Email QR Code: