Collaborative Learning Through Debates
Date: Sunday, May 8th, 2005 Time: 2:00 PM - 4:30 PM
Speaker: Chantal Hemmi, British Council
This session is a hands-on workshop on the language of debates. Chantal Hemmi will show how the language of debates could be practiced using a game that incorporates topics of interest to students. After that, Hemmi will present research results from a small-scale interpretive research project that looked at what the students learned through the debate activity. The students in the research were part of two intermediate classes at Sophia University. The speaker, Chantal Hemmi (EdD TEFL), is a full-time teacher at the British Council and is currently coordinating a new English program for Morimura Gakuen Elementary School.
Organization: Yokohama Chapter of the Japan Association for Language Teaching (Yokohama JALT)
Cost: JALT Members: free
Non-members: 1000 Yen
Venue: Ginou Bunka Kaikan (Skills & Culture Center) near JR Kannai & Yokohama Subway Isezakichojamachi - see yojalt.bravehost.com for map.
You can add this event to your iCal calendar.
- Click on the iCal icon. Your iCal software will start.
- Click 'Subscribe':
- Under 'Auto Refresh', select 'Every day' in case the the basic details change:
You can add this event to your Microsoft Outlook calendar.
- Click on the MS Outlook icon.
- See what happens.
- Tell us what happens. I don't have MS Outlook on a Windows computer, so I can't test it.
- If you click on the icon and nothing happens, do this:
- Right-click on the icon and save the file.
- According to Microsoft's support page, in Outlook's File menu, you should click Import and Export.
- Click to select Import an iCalendar or vCalendar file (*.vcs), and then click Next.
- Click to select the vCalendar file you've just saved, and then click Open.
Contact Yokohama JALT
Email QR Code:
Email QR Code: