Trend Five: The Adult Education Boom
Date: Saturday, May 21st, 2005 Time: 4:00 PM - 6:00 PM
Speaker: Curtis Kelly
Unlike any time since World War II, Japanese education is undergoing a drastic change, and the change is just beginning. There are five major trends influencing education, one of which is the return of adults to the classroom. The return of adults is the least understood and least prepared for trend, but demographic studies show that we are just now at the start of a major adult education boom. Unfortunately, most of the experts who are teaching adults rely on the same techniques they use with other students, despite data that shows traditional methods do not work. We need to become familiar with the adult pedagogies.
Organization: Kobe Chapter of the Japan Association for Language Teaching (Kobe JALT)
Cost: JALT Members: free
Non-members: 1,000 yen
Venue: Kobe YMCA (2-7-15 Kano-cho, Chuo-ku, Kobe/078-241-7204)
You can add this event to your iCal calendar.
- Click on the iCal icon. Your iCal software will start.
- Click 'Subscribe':
- Under 'Auto Refresh', select 'Every day' in case the the basic details change:
You can add this event to your Microsoft Outlook calendar.
- Click on the MS Outlook icon.
- See what happens.
- Tell us what happens. I don't have MS Outlook on a Windows computer, so I can't test it.
- If you click on the icon and nothing happens, do this:
- Right-click on the icon and save the file.
- According to Microsoft's support page, in Outlook's File menu, you should click Import and Export.
- Click to select Import an iCalendar or vCalendar file (*.vcs), and then click Next.
- Click to select the vCalendar file you've just saved, and then click Open.
Contact Kobe JALT
Email QR Code:
Email QR Code: