Computer-Based Writing Classes
Date: Saturday, May 14th, 2005 Time: 1:30 PM - 3:30 PM
Speaker: Bill Pellowe, Kinki University, Iizuka campus.
Pellowe describes his computer-based writing course, and gives practical advice on how teachers can implement similar courses with their own students. Pellowe's students do pre-writing tasks, solicit and share opinions, and respond to and discuss each other's writing. He discusses the effects on students' writing (both the processes and products) and some solutions to challenges faced with such a course.
Directions to the venue: This meeting will be held at Dejima Koryu Kaikan, 4F, Meeting Room #2, which is the large white building next to Dejima Wharf and Nagasaki Prefectural Art Museum. Take the #5 streetcar to Shiminbyoinmae stop, or take #1 streetcar to the Dejima stop. Limited car parking also available.)
Organization: Nagasaki Chapter of the Japan Association for Language Teaching (Nagasaki JALT)
Cost: JALT Members: free
Non-members: 1000 yen
Venue: Dejima Koryu Kaikan, 4F, Meeting Room #2
You can add this event to your iCal calendar.
- Click on the iCal icon. Your iCal software will start.
- Click 'Subscribe':
- Under 'Auto Refresh', select 'Every day' in case the the basic details change:
You can add this event to your Microsoft Outlook calendar.
- Click on the MS Outlook icon.
- See what happens.
- Tell us what happens. I don't have MS Outlook on a Windows computer, so I can't test it.
- If you click on the icon and nothing happens, do this:
- Right-click on the icon and save the file.
- According to Microsoft's support page, in Outlook's File menu, you should click Import and Export.
- Click to select Import an iCalendar or vCalendar file (*.vcs), and then click Next.
- Click to select the vCalendar file you've just saved, and then click Open.
Contact Nagasaki JALT
Email QR Code: