NPO Teaching English Methods Institute:
LATEM Annual Seminar
Date: Saturday, September 22nd, 2001 Time: 10:00 AM - 5:00 PM
Speaker: Helene Uchida
LATEM is an annual, nation-wide Intensive Seminar series run by Little America Schools, based in Fukuoka. The school was founded by Helene Jarmol Uchida, a veteran English teacher from New York.
Topic highlights for the one day session include:
- Mombusho: the direction of public school elementary English Education in 2002
- LATEM Philosophy and Methods for Elementary School English
- Physical and mental warm-ups
- Active questioning
- Peer interaction
- What is a Good Teacher?
- Our biggest problems in the classroom
- Popular Classroom Games
- Student Showcase
Organization: NPO Teaching English Methods Institute
Cost: TEMI Members: 9,500 yen (11,000 yen with lunch
Non-members: 10,500 yen (12,000 yen with lunch)
Venue: Create Hamamastu, 2-1 Hayauma, Hamamatsu-shi, Shizuoka
You can add this event to your iCal calendar.
- Click on the iCal icon. Your iCal software will start.
- Click 'Subscribe':
- Under 'Auto Refresh', select 'Every day' in case the the basic details change:
You can add this event to your Microsoft Outlook calendar.
- Click on the MS Outlook icon.
- See what happens.
- Tell us what happens. I don't have MS Outlook on a Windows computer, so I can't test it.
- If you click on the icon and nothing happens, do this:
- Right-click on the icon and save the file.
- According to Microsoft's support page, in Outlook's File menu, you should click Import and Export.
- Click to select Import an iCalendar or vCalendar file (*.vcs), and then click Next.
- Click to select the vCalendar file you've just saved, and then click Open.
Contact NPO Teaching English Methods Institute
Email QR Code:
Phone (work): 092-521-8826