Oral Testing for Communication Classes
Date: Saturday, November 26th, 2005 Time: 4:00 PM - 6:00 PM
Speaker: Rebecca Calman
This presentation will look at the oral testing of conversation skills in the context of communication classes for Japanese university students. An overview of oral testing will be given. Rebecca Calman will argue that testing students in conversational pairs with one another is better than an interview test in which students are paired with an examiner. Furthermore, many benefits of giving an oral test will be discussed, and a model for preparing and administering such a test will be given.
Organization: Kobe Chapter of the Japan Association for Language Teaching (Kobe JALT)
Cost: JALT Members: free
Non-members: 1000 yen
Venue: Kobe YMCA, 2-7-15 Kano-cho, Chuo-ku, Kobe. tel: 078-241-7204
You can add this event to your iCal calendar.
- Click on the iCal icon. Your iCal software will start.
- Click 'Subscribe':
- Under 'Auto Refresh', select 'Every day' in case the the basic details change:
You can add this event to your Microsoft Outlook calendar.
- Click on the MS Outlook icon.
- See what happens.
- Tell us what happens. I don't have MS Outlook on a Windows computer, so I can't test it.
- If you click on the icon and nothing happens, do this:
- Right-click on the icon and save the file.
- According to Microsoft's support page, in Outlook's File menu, you should click Import and Export.
- Click to select Import an iCalendar or vCalendar file (*.vcs), and then click Next.
- Click to select the vCalendar file you've just saved, and then click Open.
Contact Kobe JALT
Email QR Code:
Email QR Code: