Day One: Strategies for Successful First-Day Classes
Date: Sunday, March 25th, 2001 Time: 1:30 PM - 4:30 PM
Speaker: Malcolm Swanson, TLT Editor and Kinki University
The first day with any class is arguably the most important, for it is here that both learners and teachers make most of their decisions about how much they will involve themselves in that course. This workshop will examine strategies for making Day One classes more successful. Attendees will define what they consider to be a successful first class, and discuss what they do in their classes. Strategies that the presenter has used that assist learners to accept responsibility right from the start will also be presented. These include goal setting, defining responsibilities and routines, and cooperative syllabus design.
Organization: Nagasaki Chapter of the Japan Association for Language Teaching (Nagasaki JALT)
Cost: JALT Members: free
Non-members: 1000 yen
Venue: Nagasaki Shimin Kaikan
You can add this event to your iCal calendar.
- Click on the iCal icon. Your iCal software will start.
- Click 'Subscribe':
- Under 'Auto Refresh', select 'Every day' in case the the basic details change:
You can add this event to your Microsoft Outlook calendar.
- Click on the MS Outlook icon.
- See what happens.
- Tell us what happens. I don't have MS Outlook on a Windows computer, so I can't test it.
- If you click on the icon and nothing happens, do this:
- Right-click on the icon and save the file.
- According to Microsoft's support page, in Outlook's File menu, you should click Import and Export.
- Click to select Import an iCalendar or vCalendar file (*.vcs), and then click Next.
- Click to select the vCalendar file you've just saved, and then click Open.
Contact Nagasaki JALT
Email QR Code: