Enhancing Language Learning Awareness
Date: Sunday, December 10th, 2006 Time: 1:00 PM - 5:00 PM
Speaker: Steve Brown, JALT National President
Steve Brown, JALT National President, will give two presentations today. The first is Enhancing Language Learning Awareness: an Orientation Workshop for College Students, a presentation for teachers. It reports on a workshop done with incoming students at a college English department. The presenter will let participants (teachers) try out a couple of things to see how effective they might be (or not) in their own situation.
The second presentation is JALT - History, Relations with Domestic and International Organizations, Challenges, a good chance to learn about the functioning and prospects of the organization.
After the meeting we will adjourn to a nearby restaurant for our annual Xmas Party/Bonenkai. Don't forget to bring an inexpensive gift to exchange.
Organization: Ibaraki Chapter of the Japan Association for Language Teaching (Ibaraki JALT)
Cost: JALT Members: free
Non-members: 500 yen
Venue: Chuu-Kozashitsu No.1, Kennan Shogai Gakushu Center (Ulara Bldg. across from Tsuchiura Station)
You can add this event to your iCal calendar.
- Click on the iCal icon. Your iCal software will start.
- Click 'Subscribe':
- Under 'Auto Refresh', select 'Every day' in case the the basic details change:
You can add this event to your Microsoft Outlook calendar.
- Click on the MS Outlook icon.
- See what happens.
- Tell us what happens. I don't have MS Outlook on a Windows computer, so I can't test it.
- If you click on the icon and nothing happens, do this:
- Right-click on the icon and save the file.
- According to Microsoft's support page, in Outlook's File menu, you should click Import and Export.
- Click to select Import an iCalendar or vCalendar file (*.vcs), and then click Next.
- Click to select the vCalendar file you've just saved, and then click Open.
Contact Ibaraki JALT
Email QR Code:
Phone (home): 0298-58-9523
Email QR Code: