Advanced Learners' Dictionary Use
Date: Saturday, June 24th, 2006 Time: 6:30 PM - 8:00 PM
Speaker: Yoshiko Okuyama, University of Hawaii
Dr. Okuyama will introduce the results of a qualitative study on bilingual dictionary usage of college students. The study focused on how Japanese-English/English-Japanese dictionaries (paper, electronic, and online) are used by advanced Japanese as a foreign language (JFL) and advanced ESL learners. Only the results of the JFL subjects will be introduced and discussed during the presentation. The presentation will be in English, but the Q&A session will be in English and/or Japanese. The presentation is co-sponsored by the Kyoto JALT Chapter and the JALT JSL SIG.
Organization: Kyoto Chapter of the Japan Association for Language Teaching (Kyoto JALT)
Cost: JALT Members: free
Non-members: 1,000 yen
Venue: Kyoto Kyoiku Bunka Center (Marutamachi, Sakyo-ku)
You can add this event to your iCal calendar.
- Click on the iCal icon. Your iCal software will start.
- Click 'Subscribe':
- Under 'Auto Refresh', select 'Every day' in case the the basic details change:
You can add this event to your Microsoft Outlook calendar.
- Click on the MS Outlook icon.
- See what happens.
- Tell us what happens. I don't have MS Outlook on a Windows computer, so I can't test it.
- If you click on the icon and nothing happens, do this:
- Right-click on the icon and save the file.
- According to Microsoft's support page, in Outlook's File menu, you should click Import and Export.
- Click to select Import an iCalendar or vCalendar file (*.vcs), and then click Next.
- Click to select the vCalendar file you've just saved, and then click Open.
Contact Kyoto JALT
Email QR Code: