Psycholinguists and Second Language Ability
Date: Sunday, June 18th, 2006 Time: 3:00 PM - 5:00 PM
Speaker: Jun Yamada (Professor, Hiroshima University)
The ability to imitate seems to involve not only general intelligence but also L2 ability. A pscholinguistic experiment recently found that English majors, in contrast to non-English majors, produced utterances closer to those of model speakers. The implications for the classroom are explained. Significant Q & A is guaranteed. The talk will be followed by My Share, in which everyone is encouraged to talk 5-10 minutes about any langauge-learning topic.
Organization: Hiroshima Chapter of the Japan Association for Language Teaching (Hiroshima JALT)
Cost: JALT Members: free
Non-members: 500 yen
Venue: Hiroshima Peace Park, International Conference Center 3F, Seminar Room 2
You can add this event to your iCal calendar.
- Click on the iCal icon. Your iCal software will start.
- Click 'Subscribe':
- Under 'Auto Refresh', select 'Every day' in case the the basic details change:
You can add this event to your Microsoft Outlook calendar.
- Click on the MS Outlook icon.
- See what happens.
- Tell us what happens. I don't have MS Outlook on a Windows computer, so I can't test it.
- If you click on the icon and nothing happens, do this:
- Right-click on the icon and save the file.
- According to Microsoft's support page, in Outlook's File menu, you should click Import and Export.
- Click to select Import an iCalendar or vCalendar file (*.vcs), and then click Next.
- Click to select the vCalendar file you've just saved, and then click Open.
Contact Hiroshima JALT
Email QR Code:
Email QR Code: