Elementary English for Elementary School
Date: Sunday, June 25th, 2006 Time: 1:30 PM - 4:00 PM
Speaker: Greer Pedoe and Nicholas DiNunzio
Elementary schools will soon be teaching English. What abilities would best prepare students for junior high school and how can we help teachers cope with the new demands?
Pedoe (Shimokawa-cho) and DiNunzio (Hamamasu-mura), both experienced Assistant Language Teachers in the JET program will be sharing their ideas and some of the activties which are suitable for elementary school-age kids.
Their workshop will be looking at pronunciation, language building context, teaching letters and simple grammar and age-appropriacy in targets and activities.
Organization: Hokkaido Chapter of the Japan Association for Language Teaching (Hokkaido JALT)
Cost: JALT Members: free
Non-members: 500 yen
Venue: Sapporo. Venue: To be announced, please check www.jalthokkaido.net/ for details.
You can add this event to your iCal calendar.
- Click on the iCal icon. Your iCal software will start.
- Click 'Subscribe':
- Under 'Auto Refresh', select 'Every day' in case the the basic details change:
You can add this event to your Microsoft Outlook calendar.
- Click on the MS Outlook icon.
- See what happens.
- Tell us what happens. I don't have MS Outlook on a Windows computer, so I can't test it.
- If you click on the icon and nothing happens, do this:
- Right-click on the icon and save the file.
- According to Microsoft's support page, in Outlook's File menu, you should click Import and Export.
- Click to select Import an iCalendar or vCalendar file (*.vcs), and then click Next.
- Click to select the vCalendar file you've just saved, and then click Open.
Contact Hokkaido JALT
Email QR Code: