Japanese English Interference in English Class.
Date: Saturday, June 24th, 2006 Time: 1:30 PM - 3:30 PM
Speaker: Emilie Masson and Thomas Sorenson.
In this presentation, the interference of Japanese English in the English classroom will be examined. Instances when interference is encountered supported by research conducted in 3 different grades at Junior High school level will be discussed. The presentation will conclude with suggestions on how teachers can be made aware of this interference and how to encourage students to be conscious of the differences between Japanese English and Standard English in order to reduce interference. All welcome!
Organization: Nagasaki Chapter of the Japan Association for Language Teaching (Nagasaki JALT)
Cost: JALT Members: free
Non-members: 1000 yen
Venue: Dejima Koryu Kaikan, 4F (this is the large white building next to Dejima Wharf and Nagasaki Prefectural Art Museum; take #5 streetcar to Shiminbyoinmae stop, or take #1 streetcar to Dejima stop.)
You can add this event to your iCal calendar.
- Click on the iCal icon. Your iCal software will start.
- Click 'Subscribe':
- Under 'Auto Refresh', select 'Every day' in case the the basic details change:
You can add this event to your Microsoft Outlook calendar.
- Click on the MS Outlook icon.
- See what happens.
- Tell us what happens. I don't have MS Outlook on a Windows computer, so I can't test it.
- If you click on the icon and nothing happens, do this:
- Right-click on the icon and save the file.
- According to Microsoft's support page, in Outlook's File menu, you should click Import and Export.
- Click to select Import an iCalendar or vCalendar file (*.vcs), and then click Next.
- Click to select the vCalendar file you've just saved, and then click Open.
Contact Nagasaki JALT
Email QR Code: