Date: Sunday, December 10th, 2006 Time: 2:00 PM - 4:30 PM
Speaker: Matt Sparling
The hyper- in hyper-reading refers to Internet hypertext. Matt Sparling and a collegue has been trying to manipulate classroom text into collaborative activities that are quasi-conversational. These activities encourage interaction among younger learners who are ready to read but might not have the foundation to hold simple conversations.
Organization: Yokohama Chapter of the Japan Association for Language Teaching (Yokohama JALT)
Cost: JALT Members: free
Non-members: 1000 yen
Venue: Ginou Bunka Kaikan (Skills & Culture Center) near JR Kannai & Yokohama Subway Isezakichojamachi [See yojalt.bravehost.com for details & a map]
You can add this event to your iCal calendar.
- Click on the iCal icon. Your iCal software will start.
- Click 'Subscribe':
- Under 'Auto Refresh', select 'Every day' in case the the basic details change:
You can add this event to your Microsoft Outlook calendar.
- Click on the MS Outlook icon.
- See what happens.
- Tell us what happens. I don't have MS Outlook on a Windows computer, so I can't test it.
- If you click on the icon and nothing happens, do this:
- Right-click on the icon and save the file.
- According to Microsoft's support page, in Outlook's File menu, you should click Import and Export.
- Click to select Import an iCalendar or vCalendar file (*.vcs), and then click Next.
- Click to select the vCalendar file you've just saved, and then click Open.
Contact Yokohama JALT
Email QR Code:
Email QR Code: