Preparing for the TOEFL iBT with Longman
Date: Friday, June 9th, 2006 Time: 4:30 PM - 6:10 PM
Speaker: Deborah Phillips
1. Explanation of the new TOEFL IBT Test (about 25 minutes)
2. Creative TOEFL Teaching; activities to reinforce TOEFL IBT Skills (about 25minutes)
3. The Longman TOEFL Program; features of the Longman book and CD-ROM (about 10 minutes)
4. Q and A (about 30 minutes)
Ms. Deborah Phillips, the author of numerous Longman TOEFL textbooks and CD-ROMs, will present the new TOEFL iBT and ways of improving scores on this test. She will discuss how this new version of the TOEFL compares with earlier versions of the TOEFL test, demonstrate various kinds of new TOEFL iBT tasks, outline the language skills and test-taking strategies necessary for success on the TOEFL iBT, demonstrate classroom activities to improve the spoken and written fluency that are important on the TOEFL iBT, and show how the Longman program can help students succeed on this test.
Organization: Pearson Japan
Venue: #171 of No.1 Building, Kyoto University of Foreign Studies
You can add this event to your iCal calendar.
- Click on the iCal icon. Your iCal software will start.
- Click 'Subscribe':
- Under 'Auto Refresh', select 'Every day' in case the the basic details change:
You can add this event to your Microsoft Outlook calendar.
- Click on the MS Outlook icon.
- See what happens.
- Tell us what happens. I don't have MS Outlook on a Windows computer, so I can't test it.
- If you click on the icon and nothing happens, do this:
- Right-click on the icon and save the file.
- According to Microsoft's support page, in Outlook's File menu, you should click Import and Export.
- Click to select Import an iCalendar or vCalendar file (*.vcs), and then click Next.
- Click to select the vCalendar file you've just saved, and then click Open.
Contact Pearson Japan
Email QR Code: