Introducing Public Elementary School English and the Monbusho Handbook
Date: Sunday, March 18th, 2001 Time: 2:00 PM - 5:00 PM
Speaker: Tom Merner, Japan College of Foreign Languages
English instruction is about to become an option for the new "Period for Integrated Studies" in the Japanese public schools. Monbusho has published a "Handbook for Elementary School English Teaching Activities," to provide support to teachers. Merner, a member of the authoring committee, will introduce the handbook, share views about the direction public elementary school English seems to be heading, and introduce results of a survey about the current situation in schools which have already implemented English.
Organization: Saitama Chapter of the Japan Association for Language Teaching (Saitama JALT)
Cost: JALT Members: free
Non-members: 1000 yen
Venue: Omiya Shimin Kaikan 3F (near Omiya City Hall, east exit of Omiya Station)
You can add this event to your iCal calendar.
- Click on the iCal icon. Your iCal software will start.
- Click 'Subscribe':
- Under 'Auto Refresh', select 'Every day' in case the the basic details change:
You can add this event to your Microsoft Outlook calendar.
- Click on the MS Outlook icon.
- See what happens.
- Tell us what happens. I don't have MS Outlook on a Windows computer, so I can't test it.
- If you click on the icon and nothing happens, do this:
- Right-click on the icon and save the file.
- According to Microsoft's support page, in Outlook's File menu, you should click Import and Export.
- Click to select Import an iCalendar or vCalendar file (*.vcs), and then click Next.
- Click to select the vCalendar file you've just saved, and then click Open.
Contact Saitama JALT
Email QR Code: