Photographs and Memories: A Fun and Effective Way to Use Memorabilia in the Conversation Classroom
Date: Sunday, December 10th, 2006 Time: 1:30 PM - 4:00 PM
Speaker: David Kluge
The presenter has integrated memorabilia into his conversation textbooks for the last ten years. He will explain the rationale, describe the system he uses to integrate memorabilia as an ongoing activity in the course, show some student examples, and let the audience experience the power of this extremely effective and popular tool for generating interesting communication. HOMEWORK: Each participant should bring one piece of personal memorabilia (a photograph, pamphlet, ticket, etc.).
The meeting will be followed by our annual Bonenkai, which everyone is welcome to attend.
Organization: Toyohashi Chapter of the Japan Association for Language Teaching (Toyohashi JALT)
Cost: JALT Members: free
Non-members: 1,000 yen
Venue: Aichi University, Bldg 5 - room 543
You can add this event to your iCal calendar.
- Click on the iCal icon. Your iCal software will start.
- Click 'Subscribe':
- Under 'Auto Refresh', select 'Every day' in case the the basic details change:
You can add this event to your Microsoft Outlook calendar.
- Click on the MS Outlook icon.
- See what happens.
- Tell us what happens. I don't have MS Outlook on a Windows computer, so I can't test it.
- If you click on the icon and nothing happens, do this:
- Right-click on the icon and save the file.
- According to Microsoft's support page, in Outlook's File menu, you should click Import and Export.
- Click to select Import an iCalendar or vCalendar file (*.vcs), and then click Next.
- Click to select the vCalendar file you've just saved, and then click Open.
Contact Toyohashi JALT
Email QR Code:
Phone (home): 0532-88-2658
Email QR Code:
Phone (home): 0532-46-6299