Setting Up An Extensive Reading Programme
Date: Saturday, December 16th, 2006 Time: 3:00 PM - 5:00 PM
Speaker: Simon W.J. Thornley - Sanyo Gakuen University, Okayama
This talk will address some practical issues involved in establishing an extensive reading programme in Japan. The presenter will draw from his own experience of different types of programme; from private classes, to the introduction of extensive reading within university curricula. Communicating the benefits of ER to stakeholders, investing in books and their administration, introducing students to unfamiliar study methods and expectations, monitoring progress and using tests to determine initial reading level will be covered.
Following the presentation the Okayama chapter will hold it annual bonnenkai.
Organization: Okayama Chapter of the Japan Association for Language Teaching (Okayama JALT)
Cost: JALT Members: free
Non-members: 500 yen
Venue: Sankaku A Bldg. 2F near Omotecho in Okayama City
You can add this event to your iCal calendar.
- Click on the iCal icon. Your iCal software will start.
- Click 'Subscribe':
- Under 'Auto Refresh', select 'Every day' in case the the basic details change:
You can add this event to your Microsoft Outlook calendar.
- Click on the MS Outlook icon.
- See what happens.
- Tell us what happens. I don't have MS Outlook on a Windows computer, so I can't test it.
- If you click on the icon and nothing happens, do this:
- Right-click on the icon and save the file.
- According to Microsoft's support page, in Outlook's File menu, you should click Import and Export.
- Click to select Import an iCalendar or vCalendar file (*.vcs), and then click Next.
- Click to select the vCalendar file you've just saved, and then click Open.
Contact Okayama JALT
Email QR Code: