Content Teaching Ideas for Low-Level Classes
Date: Saturday, April 21st, 2007 Time: 4:00 PM - 6:00 PM
Speaker: Stephen Ryan
The trend towards teaching content through the medium of English is firmly established in Japanese universities. Much of the literature available, however, refers to Intermediate and Advanced learners of English.
Drawing on experience of teaching various content areas, such as Non-verbal Communication, Intercultural Communication and the History of Space Exploration, to students with only an Elementary level of English, the presenter will share his philosophical approach to this task, as well as giving examples of many practical materials he has developed.
Organization: Kobe Chapter of the Japan Association for Language Teaching (Kobe JALT)
Cost: JALT Members: free
Non-members: 1000 yen
Venue: Kobe YMCA (2-7-15 Kano-cho, Chuo-ku, Kobe. tel: 078-241-7204)
You can add this event to your iCal calendar.
- Click on the iCal icon. Your iCal software will start.
- Click 'Subscribe':
- Under 'Auto Refresh', select 'Every day' in case the the basic details change:
You can add this event to your Microsoft Outlook calendar.
- Click on the MS Outlook icon.
- See what happens.
- Tell us what happens. I don't have MS Outlook on a Windows computer, so I can't test it.
- If you click on the icon and nothing happens, do this:
- Right-click on the icon and save the file.
- According to Microsoft's support page, in Outlook's File menu, you should click Import and Export.
- Click to select Import an iCalendar or vCalendar file (*.vcs), and then click Next.
- Click to select the vCalendar file you've just saved, and then click Open.
Contact Kobe JALT
Email QR Code:
Email QR Code: