Sing Your Life: Effectively Using Pop Lyrics in EFL
Date: Saturday, April 21st, 2007 Time: 3:00 PM - 5:00 PM
Speaker: Paul Hullah, Miyazaki University
Paul Hullah offers research findings suggesting that, though pop music forms L2 learners' most frequent meaningful exposure to English outside the classroom, this resource is inappropriately presented in popular contemporary tertiary level EFL coursebooks. Recommendations will be made as to how lyrics might more effectively be 'personlized' and utilized to promote self-expression, as participants tackle some original lyric-based activities developed by the presenter. Comments and criticisms regarding the proposed innovative approach are invited.
Organization: Miyazaki Chapter of the Japan Association for Language Teaching (Miyazaki JALT)
Venue: Miyazaki Municipal University Rm. #310
You can add this event to your iCal calendar.
- Click on the iCal icon. Your iCal software will start.
- Click 'Subscribe':
- Under 'Auto Refresh', select 'Every day' in case the the basic details change:
You can add this event to your Microsoft Outlook calendar.
- Click on the MS Outlook icon.
- See what happens.
- Tell us what happens. I don't have MS Outlook on a Windows computer, so I can't test it.
- If you click on the icon and nothing happens, do this:
- Right-click on the icon and save the file.
- According to Microsoft's support page, in Outlook's File menu, you should click Import and Export.
- Click to select Import an iCalendar or vCalendar file (*.vcs), and then click Next.
- Click to select the vCalendar file you've just saved, and then click Open.
Contact Miyazaki JALT
Email QR Code: