Japanese Public Elementary School Life and International School Life: How Do They Compare?
Date: Sunday, May 20th, 2007 Time: 2:30 PM - 4:30 PM
Speaker: Amanda Gillis-Furutaka
Parents with children approaching school age face many important decisions about their children's education. The first of these is often whether to send their child to the local Japanese school or to an international school. The speaker has children in both kinds of school and will show the daily life in both types of school and explain differences in the teaching approach and curriculum content. There will be plenty of time for questions and it is hoped that members of the audience will feel better informed when the time comes to make this difficult first decision.
After the presentation, there will be a barbecue. The cost is 2000 yen per head, please contact Shirley Ando if you want to join the BBQ. Bring your kids - they can play in the club's garden area during the meeting (we will have people supervising).
Organization: Kobe Chapter of the Japan Association for Language Teaching (Kobe JALT)
Venue: Kobe Regatta and Athletic Club, (www.krac.org) 1-20, 2-chome, Hachiman-dori, Chuo-ku, Kobe 651-0085
You can add this event to your iCal calendar.
- Click on the iCal icon. Your iCal software will start.
- Click 'Subscribe':
- Under 'Auto Refresh', select 'Every day' in case the the basic details change:
You can add this event to your Microsoft Outlook calendar.
- Click on the MS Outlook icon.
- See what happens.
- Tell us what happens. I don't have MS Outlook on a Windows computer, so I can't test it.
- If you click on the icon and nothing happens, do this:
- Right-click on the icon and save the file.
- According to Microsoft's support page, in Outlook's File menu, you should click Import and Export.
- Click to select Import an iCalendar or vCalendar file (*.vcs), and then click Next.
- Click to select the vCalendar file you've just saved, and then click Open.
Contact Kobe JALT
Email QR Code:
Email QR Code: