From a Silk Cocoon (viewing the award-winning film with its co-writer and director)
Date: Saturday, May 19th, 2007 Time: 5:00 PM - 8:00 PM
Speaker: Satsuki Ina, California State Univ., Sacramento
Satsuki Ina is professor emeritus in the School of Education at California State Univ. (Sacramento) and founder of the Family Study Center. A Japanese-American born in the Tule Lake prison camp during WWII, Ina is now a psychotherapist specializing in cross-cultural counseling, and the directed this award winning drama-documentary film, From a Silk Cocoon.
Following opening remarks by Ms. Ina, we'll watch the 50-minute film together and then open the floor for questions and discussion.
Osaka JALT is proud to co-sponsor this event with The Nikkei Gathering and SIETAR Kansai.
Organization: Osaka Chapter of the Japan Association for Language Teaching (Osaka JALT)
Cost: JALT Members: 500 yen
Non-members: 1000 yen
Venue: 1 minute from JR Takatsuki Station, at the Sogo Shimin Koryu Center http://www.city.takatsuki.osaka.jp/db/kurasu/db4-koryu.html
You can add this event to your iCal calendar.
- Click on the iCal icon. Your iCal software will start.
- Click 'Subscribe':
- Under 'Auto Refresh', select 'Every day' in case the the basic details change:
You can add this event to your Microsoft Outlook calendar.
- Click on the MS Outlook icon.
- See what happens.
- Tell us what happens. I don't have MS Outlook on a Windows computer, so I can't test it.
- If you click on the icon and nothing happens, do this:
- Right-click on the icon and save the file.
- According to Microsoft's support page, in Outlook's File menu, you should click Import and Export.
- Click to select Import an iCalendar or vCalendar file (*.vcs), and then click Next.
- Click to select the vCalendar file you've just saved, and then click Open.
Contact Osaka JALT
Email QR Code: