10 Fun and Effective Ways to Utilize Newspaper in English Classrooms
Date: Sunday, April 15th, 2007 Time: 1:30 PM - 4:30 PM
Speaker: Mayuka Habbick
Children learn through experience. In this workshop, the presenters will share fun ideas using English newspaper. Newspaper is handy, inexpensive most of all FUN! With the learning process of children in mind, traditional activities to sensuous activities for all ages will be shared.
Mayuka Habbick, teacher, teacher-trainer, translator, presenter, author in the field of EFL, specializes in early childhood education. She has presented at various ETJ events around Japan. Born and raised in Kyoto, Japan and having taught English to children for 16 years in Kansai district, she moved to the Kanto district in 2002 and started teaching English to children through unique events and programs offering the joy of learning.
Organization: ETJ Saitama (English Teachers in Japan) (ETJ Saitama)
Cost: ETJ Members: 500 yen
Venue: Shogai Gakusho Soa Center, Center Plaza 5F, Sakuragicho Kominkan, 1-10-18 Sakuragicho, Omiya
You can add this event to your iCal calendar.
- Click on the iCal icon. Your iCal software will start.
- Click 'Subscribe':
- Under 'Auto Refresh', select 'Every day' in case the the basic details change:
You can add this event to your Microsoft Outlook calendar.
- Click on the MS Outlook icon.
- See what happens.
- Tell us what happens. I don't have MS Outlook on a Windows computer, so I can't test it.
- If you click on the icon and nothing happens, do this:
- Right-click on the icon and save the file.
- According to Microsoft's support page, in Outlook's File menu, you should click Import and Export.
- Click to select Import an iCalendar or vCalendar file (*.vcs), and then click Next.
- Click to select the vCalendar file you've just saved, and then click Open.
Contact ETJ Saitama
Email QR Code:
Mobile phone: 090-4452-7800