Dynamite Debates: A Case Study
Date: Sunday, June 10th, 2007 Time: 2:00 PM - 4:30 PM
Speaker: Tom Anderson
Every autumn, Anderson teaches a debate class in an interdepartmental program at a large private university. In this presentation, he will discuss ways in which he has made this class a workshop learning environment. We will look at team formation, learning contracts and team member roles, preparation including learning about debate elements, the debate itself, and evaluation. He will also present student feedback and examine how debate could be adapted for lower level students. Audience discussion and questions will be warmly appreciated.
Tom Anderson has taught English in Japan for over twenty years and currently teaches at Aoyama Gakuin University and Tokai University.
Organization: Yokohama Chapter of the Japan Association for Language Teaching (Yokohama JALT)
Cost: JALT Members: free
Non-members: 1000 yen
Venue: Ginou Bunka Kaikan (Skills and Culture Center) near JR Kannai and Yokohama Subway Isezakichojamachi [See yojalt.bravehost.com for map]
You can add this event to your iCal calendar.
- Click on the iCal icon. Your iCal software will start.
- Click 'Subscribe':
- Under 'Auto Refresh', select 'Every day' in case the the basic details change:
You can add this event to your Microsoft Outlook calendar.
- Click on the MS Outlook icon.
- See what happens.
- Tell us what happens. I don't have MS Outlook on a Windows computer, so I can't test it.
- If you click on the icon and nothing happens, do this:
- Right-click on the icon and save the file.
- According to Microsoft's support page, in Outlook's File menu, you should click Import and Export.
- Click to select Import an iCalendar or vCalendar file (*.vcs), and then click Next.
- Click to select the vCalendar file you've just saved, and then click Open.
Contact Yokohama JALT
Email QR Code:
Email QR Code: