Illustrating and Writing for Children Double Feature
Date: Saturday, May 12th, 2007 Time: 1:30 PM - 4:30 PM
Speaker: Bob Marstall on Illustrating from Nature, Nobuo Furukawa and Keiko Kurozumi on Ooki-na Pocket Magazine
U.S.-based nonfiction illustrator Bob Marstall, www.marstallstudio.com, will show many examples from his books and offer a brief overview of his process of creating nonfiction art. Editor-in-Chief Nobuo Furukawa will talk about the history and philosophy behind Ooki-na Pocket, www.fukuinkan.co.jp/magazine.php, the processes of submissions and commissioning, and comparisons with other Fukuinkan Shoten publications. He will be joined by editor Keiko Kurozumi. Visit www.scbwi.jp or contact firstname.lastname@example.org for more information.
Organization: The Society of Children's Book Writers and Illustrators (SCBWI) Japan (SCBWI)
Cost: SCBWI Members: 1,000 yen
Non-members: 1,500 yen
Venue: Tokyo Women's Plaza, AV Room, 5-53-67 Jingumae, Shibuya-ku, Tokyo map at www.scbwi.jp/map.htm
You can add this event to your iCal calendar.
- Click on the iCal icon. Your iCal software will start.
- Click 'Subscribe':
- Under 'Auto Refresh', select 'Every day' in case the the basic details change:
You can add this event to your Microsoft Outlook calendar.
- Click on the MS Outlook icon.
- See what happens.
- Tell us what happens. I don't have MS Outlook on a Windows computer, so I can't test it.
- If you click on the icon and nothing happens, do this:
- Right-click on the icon and save the file.
- According to Microsoft's support page, in Outlook's File menu, you should click Import and Export.
- Click to select Import an iCalendar or vCalendar file (*.vcs), and then click Next.
- Click to select the vCalendar file you've just saved, and then click Open.
Email QR Code:
Phone (work): 0467-31-6908