GALE SIG of JALT:
JALT GALE-SIG Two-day Conference: Gender and Beyond
Date: Saturday, October 6th, 2007 Time: 6:00 PM - 8:00 PM
Speaker: Featured speaker: Professor Janet Holmes. Call for papers due June 15.
Various presentations, discussions, and workshops on a wide range of themes will be held as well as a closing panel discussion led by Professor Holmes. This event is co-sponsored by Osaka Chapter and JALT's GILE, Pragmatics, CUE, Teacher Education, and PALE SIGs, as well as the Pragmatics Society of Japan.
Please note that this event will be held at two different locations:
Venue Saturday, October 6th: Temple University Japan, Osaka
Speaker Event: Professor Janet Holmes will give the opening lecture on Gender and Leadership: Some Socio-Pragmatic Considerations. Prof. Holmes is Linguistics Chair, Victoria University of Wellington, New Zealand.
Venue Sunday, October 7th: Kansai University, Osaka
Event: Various Presentations and Panel Discussion.
This event is proudly co-sponsored by the Pragmatics SIG, the GILE SIG, the CUE SIG, the Teacher Education SIG, the Pragmatics Society of Japan, and the Osaka JALT Chapter.
Organization: Gender Awareness in Language Education Special Interest Group, Japan Association for Language Teaching (GALE SIG of JALT)
Cost: JALT Members: Co-sponsor Member or Students: 1,000 per day or 1,500 for two days
Non-members: 1,500 yen per day or 2,000 for two days
Venue: Temple University Japan, Osaka: Osaka Ekimae Bldg 3, 21st Fl, 06-6343-0005 map
You can add this event to your iCal calendar.
- Click on the iCal icon. Your iCal software will start.
- Click 'Subscribe':
- Under 'Auto Refresh', select 'Every day' in case the the basic details change:
You can add this event to your Microsoft Outlook calendar.
- Click on the MS Outlook icon.
- See what happens.
- Tell us what happens. I don't have MS Outlook on a Windows computer, so I can't test it.
- If you click on the icon and nothing happens, do this:
- Right-click on the icon and save the file.
- According to Microsoft's support page, in Outlook's File menu, you should click Import and Export.
- Click to select Import an iCalendar or vCalendar file (*.vcs), and then click Next.
- Click to select the vCalendar file you've just saved, and then click Open.
Contact GALE SIG of JALT
Email QR Code: