Date: Sunday, June 10th, 2007 Time: 2:00 PM - 5:00 PM
Speaker: Ricardo Kuma, Masa Tsuneyasu, Chikahiko Okada, Abdel Ibrahim
The Art of teaching - applying creativity Ricardo Kuma.
This presentation will examine creating customized activities. Creativity can be broken down to 8 steps: connect; relate; experience; analyze; transform; and explore. It is not necessary to be creative to create.
Encouraging Active Listening Masa Tsuneyasu.
The presenation will demonstrate practical techniques for improving student listening.
Improve your language skills, using pictures Chikahiko Okada
We are surrounded by good pictures, in books, newspapers, magazines, cataloges, and brochures. Why don't you make use of them for learning foreign languages? This presentation will show you how.
Algorithm March Abdel Ibrahim
. Using translations of popular childrens song lyrics and TPR to help young learners understand stress timing in spoken English.
The June meeting will be preceded by the JALT Omiya AGM with officer elections. The meeting will be followed by dinner at a local izakaya. Members and guests welcome.
Organization: Saitama Chapter of the Japan Association for Language Teaching (Saitama JALT)
Cost: JALT Members: free
Non-members: 1000 yen
Venue: Sakuragi Kominkan 5F, near Omiya Station, west exit, see map
You can add this event to your iCal calendar.
- Click on the iCal icon. Your iCal software will start.
- Click 'Subscribe':
- Under 'Auto Refresh', select 'Every day' in case the the basic details change:
You can add this event to your Microsoft Outlook calendar.
- Click on the MS Outlook icon.
- See what happens.
- Tell us what happens. I don't have MS Outlook on a Windows computer, so I can't test it.
- If you click on the icon and nothing happens, do this:
- Right-click on the icon and save the file.
- According to Microsoft's support page, in Outlook's File menu, you should click Import and Export.
- Click to select Import an iCalendar or vCalendar file (*.vcs), and then click Next.
- Click to select the vCalendar file you've just saved, and then click Open.
Contact Saitama JALT
Email QR Code: