Nellie's Group, Ltd.:
Nellie's Seminar Series 2007: Tokyo Seminar 4
Date: Friday, May 25th, 2007 Time: 11:00 AM - 1:30 PM
Speaker: Tomomi Katsuki (Cambridge University Press)
Tomomi Katsuki will give two presentations today.
1) The power of stories
Time: 11:00 - 12:00
Focus: Cambridge Storybox, American English Primary Colors
Target: Teachers of kindergarten and elementary school students
Details: Using storybooks in the classroom has come to the forefront. Not only can storybooks liven up a class through their content, they can also bring to bear the forces children have an abundance of - imagination and creativity. This presentation will look at how to incorporate stories into the classroom and how to fully exploit their educational potential.
2) Beyond the classroom
Time: 12:30 - 13:30
Target: Teachers of English Language: Japanese/English
Details: Most students' English learning time is the one or two hours a week that they spend with their teacher. As learners of language ourselves, we know this will never be enough to reach a good level of competence. How can we, as teachers, motivate our students to study outside of class? What materials should they choose and how should they plan their study?
Organization: Nellie's Group, Ltd.
Venue: Nellie's English Bookstore, Asakusabashi, Sunbridge Bldg. 1F, 1-26-6 Yanagibashi, Taito-ku, Tokyo 111-0052
You can add this event to your iCal calendar.
- Click on the iCal icon. Your iCal software will start.
- Click 'Subscribe':
- Under 'Auto Refresh', select 'Every day' in case the the basic details change:
You can add this event to your Microsoft Outlook calendar.
- Click on the MS Outlook icon.
- See what happens.
- Tell us what happens. I don't have MS Outlook on a Windows computer, so I can't test it.
- If you click on the icon and nothing happens, do this:
- Right-click on the icon and save the file.
- According to Microsoft's support page, in Outlook's File menu, you should click Import and Export.
- Click to select Import an iCalendar or vCalendar file (*.vcs), and then click Next.
- Click to select the vCalendar file you've just saved, and then click Open.
Contact Nellie's Group, Ltd.
Email QR Code:
Phone (work): 03-3865-6213