Ibaraki JALT Chapter Annual One-day Mini-Conference
Date: Saturday, June 23rd, 2007 Time: 9:30 AM - 5:00 PM
Speaker: J. Owens, M. Rude, J. Cunningham, T. Yamaguchi, J. Rachine, J. Elwood
One-day Mini-conference Morning Program Speaker: J. Owens, M. Rude, J. Cunningham, T. Yamaguchi, & J. Rachine Description: Ibaraki Chapter One-day Mini-conference (Morning Program)
1) 10:00 - 12:00
1. Teaching Techniques for an Oral(Speaking/Listening) Class - Targeted Toward 1st - 3rd year University Students, by Jonathan Owens
2. Vocabulary Training with the Computer and with the iPod by Markus Rude
3. Cultural Learning through Online Writing by Joyce Cunningham
4. Phrase Method: A Spice for Your Students by Tomoko Yamaguchi
5. Teaching Text Patterns: The Great Dictator in the Classroom by John Racine
The detailed schedule can be accessed at our chapter website.
Saturday Afternoon Program:
Culture and Affect in Vaulting the Rubicon: Stories of Highly-proficient English Language Learners, James Elwood (University of Tsukuba). The presenter will address trends which have emerged from the narratives of highly-proficient EFL learners. He will also talk about the basics of narrative studies.
For details of this program and other programs for this two-day mini conference will be explained at JALT Ibaraki Chapter Website.
Organization: Ibaraki Chapter of the Japan Association for Language Teaching (Ibaraki JALT)
Cost: JALT Members: free
Non-members: 500 yen
Venue: Ibaraki University, Mito
You can add this event to your iCal calendar.
- Click on the iCal icon. Your iCal software will start.
- Click 'Subscribe':
- Under 'Auto Refresh', select 'Every day' in case the the basic details change:
You can add this event to your Microsoft Outlook calendar.
- Click on the MS Outlook icon.
- See what happens.
- Tell us what happens. I don't have MS Outlook on a Windows computer, so I can't test it.
- If you click on the icon and nothing happens, do this:
- Right-click on the icon and save the file.
- According to Microsoft's support page, in Outlook's File menu, you should click Import and Export.
- Click to select Import an iCalendar or vCalendar file (*.vcs), and then click Next.
- Click to select the vCalendar file you've just saved, and then click Open.
Contact Ibaraki JALT
Email QR Code:
Phone (home): 0298-58-9523
Email QR Code: