Differences Between Public Schools in Japan and the United States
Date: Sunday, May 20th, 2007 Time: 1:30 PM - 3:30 PM
Speaker: Amiena Mahsoob
Many teachers in Japan instinctively know that teaching techniques in the United States and Japan are different, but how and why are they different? This seminar will provide context for some of the key differences between public schools in Japan and the United States. It will then examine teaching techniques commonly used in American schools, some differences between teaching students of varying abilities, and highlight some of the current issues in education in the United States.
Organization: Fukui Chapter of the Japan Association for Language Teaching (Fukui JALT)
Cost: JALT Members: free
Non-members: 1000 yen
Venue: Fukui International Activities Plaza
You can add this event to your iCal calendar.
- Click on the iCal icon. Your iCal software will start.
- Click 'Subscribe':
- Under 'Auto Refresh', select 'Every day' in case the the basic details change:
You can add this event to your Microsoft Outlook calendar.
- Click on the MS Outlook icon.
- See what happens.
- Tell us what happens. I don't have MS Outlook on a Windows computer, so I can't test it.
- If you click on the icon and nothing happens, do this:
- Right-click on the icon and save the file.
- According to Microsoft's support page, in Outlook's File menu, you should click Import and Export.
- Click to select Import an iCalendar or vCalendar file (*.vcs), and then click Next.
- Click to select the vCalendar file you've just saved, and then click Open.
Contact Fukui JALT
Email QR Code: