Date: Sunday, June 10th, 2007 Time: 1:30 PM - 5:00 PM
Speaker: Naomi Yonemoto and Bernadette Hamamoto
The workshop titles are
* Fun Activities for Phonics,
* Extensive Reading for Young Learners,
* Games for Listening, Speaking, Reading and Writing.
The speakers are Naomi Yonemoto and Bernadette Hamamoto. Naomi Yonemoto has been Director of the Naomi English School in Yatsushiro for 10 years. She gained her MA degree in TESOL and Bilingual Education from The University of Findlay in the U.S.A. Naomi is a member of ETJ and Pigate (a Kumamoto-based study group for teacher development). She has also been organizer of the teachers study group in Yatsushiro for six years. About her presentations, Naomi says. 'Fun activities for phonics Phonics are a powerful and effective tool for young learners, and this is specially so in the case of elementary school students. I want to share some of the activities that my students now enjoy.'
Extensive reading for young learners: Bernadette Hamamoto is a strong advocate of the idea that reading is the most powerful way to develop language skills. She began her Extensive Reading activity for younger learners last year. She would like to discuss how she managed it and the results she has seen so far. Bernadette Hamamoto owns and runs the Bridge English School, and has been teaching English for 11 years. She currently teaches at kindergartens and nursery schools.
Organization: ETJ Kumamoto (English Teachers in Japan) (ETJ Kumamoto)
Cost: 500 yen
Venue: Kumamoto City International Center, 4-8 Hanabata-cho, Kumamoto-shi 860-0806 (The International Meeting Room on the 3rd Floor)
You can add this event to your iCal calendar.
- Click on the iCal icon. Your iCal software will start.
- Click 'Subscribe':
- Under 'Auto Refresh', select 'Every day' in case the the basic details change:
You can add this event to your Microsoft Outlook calendar.
- Click on the MS Outlook icon.
- See what happens.
- Tell us what happens. I don't have MS Outlook on a Windows computer, so I can't test it.
- If you click on the icon and nothing happens, do this:
- Right-click on the icon and save the file.
- According to Microsoft's support page, in Outlook's File menu, you should click Import and Export.
- Click to select Import an iCalendar or vCalendar file (*.vcs), and then click Next.
- Click to select the vCalendar file you've just saved, and then click Open.
Contact ETJ Kumamoto
Email QR Code: