Using Online Video Slideshows as a Tool for English Learning; and Teaching the Strategies of Speaking.
Date: Sunday, October 14th, 2007 Time: 2:00 PM - 4:00 PM
Speaker: Sergio Mazzarelli, Kwassui Women 's College; Alastair Graham-Marr, Tokai University/ABAX Publishers.
In the first part of the meeting, Mazzarelli will report on his own experiences in letting college students create video slideshows and sharing them through the Internet with students in other countries. He will also introduce a website he has created for teachers interested in sharing their students ' slideshows. In the latter half, Graham-Marr, author of Communication Spotlight, a new text that teaches students how to use certain strategies, will examine the reasons for teaching strategies and examine the sort of strategies he argues should be taught.
P.S. ABOUT ELECTIONS FOR 2008: from August through October, we are interested in hearing from you if you are a JALT member, and would like to help as a partner in our local chapter executive in 2008. Yes, nominations, recommendations and persuasions are now open. Please contact us anytime for more information or to submit names! Please see our current list at our website.
Organization: Nagasaki Chapter of the Japan Association for Language Teaching (Nagasaki JALT)
Cost: JALT Members: free
Non-members: 1000 yen
Venue: Dejima Koryu Kaikan, 4F (this is the large white building next to Dejima Wharf and Nagasaki Prefectural Art Museum; take #5 streetcar to Shiminbyoinmae stop, or take #1 streetcar to Dejima stop.)
You can add this event to your iCal calendar.
- Click on the iCal icon. Your iCal software will start.
- Click 'Subscribe':
- Under 'Auto Refresh', select 'Every day' in case the the basic details change:
You can add this event to your Microsoft Outlook calendar.
- Click on the MS Outlook icon.
- See what happens.
- Tell us what happens. I don't have MS Outlook on a Windows computer, so I can't test it.
- If you click on the icon and nothing happens, do this:
- Right-click on the icon and save the file.
- According to Microsoft's support page, in Outlook's File menu, you should click Import and Export.
- Click to select Import an iCalendar or vCalendar file (*.vcs), and then click Next.
- Click to select the vCalendar file you've just saved, and then click Open.
Contact Nagasaki JALT
Email QR Code: