Prepare Your Students for Academic Studies
Date: Sunday, May 18th, 2008 Time: 3:00 PM - 5:00 PM
Speaker: Eri Okuda (Oxford University Press)
Students will cope much better in study-abroad programs if they are adequately prepared with the strategies they need to listen, take notes, and discuss ideas independently and confidently. Through her own anecdotes, Ms. Okuda will talk about the problems/issues that students will face and skills that they need in order to survive academic study overseas. OUP has a video-based series, 'Lecture Ready', that trains students in the listening and language skills they need during lectures in their future study.
Organization: Hiroshima Chapter of the Japan Association for Language Teaching (Hiroshima JALT)
Venue: Hiroshima Peace Park, International Conference Center 3F.
You can add this event to your iCal calendar.
- Click on the iCal icon. Your iCal software will start.
- Click 'Subscribe':
- Under 'Auto Refresh', select 'Every day' in case the the basic details change:
You can add this event to your Microsoft Outlook calendar.
- Click on the MS Outlook icon.
- See what happens.
- Tell us what happens. I don't have MS Outlook on a Windows computer, so I can't test it.
- If you click on the icon and nothing happens, do this:
- Right-click on the icon and save the file.
- According to Microsoft's support page, in Outlook's File menu, you should click Import and Export.
- Click to select Import an iCalendar or vCalendar file (*.vcs), and then click Next.
- Click to select the vCalendar file you've just saved, and then click Open.
Contact Hiroshima JALT
Email QR Code:
Email QR Code: