Function rather than form as a basis for teaching
Date: Sunday, October 19th, 2008 Time: 2:00 PM - 5:00 PM
Speaker: Trevor Keith Landles
While certain functions are often dealt with in EFL material, coursebooks and syllabi are often based on various structures and modal verbs. This workshop will look at how lessons, syllabi and material can be based primarily on various functions such as arranging, expressing regrets or telling anecdotes. It will examine how this approach can make things easier for both teacher and student and how lessons can be more empowering and communicative.
Organization: Shinshu Chapter of the Japan Association for Language Teaching (Shinshu JALT)
Cost: JALT Members: free
Non-members: 1,000 yen
Venue: EZ-Communications (Matsumoto) map
You can add this event to your iCal calendar.
- Click on the iCal icon. Your iCal software will start.
- Click 'Subscribe':
- Under 'Auto Refresh', select 'Every day' in case the the basic details change:
You can add this event to your Microsoft Outlook calendar.
- Click on the MS Outlook icon.
- See what happens.
- Tell us what happens. I don't have MS Outlook on a Windows computer, so I can't test it.
- If you click on the icon and nothing happens, do this:
- Right-click on the icon and save the file.
- According to Microsoft's support page, in Outlook's File menu, you should click Import and Export.
- Click to select Import an iCalendar or vCalendar file (*.vcs), and then click Next.
- Click to select the vCalendar file you've just saved, and then click Open.
Contact Shinshu JALT
Email QR Code:
Email QR Code: