Developing a Curriculum-Enhancing Website
Date: Sunday, November 16th, 2008 Time: 1:30 PM - 4:00 PM
Speaker: James Venema and Bruce McCaughan
This presentation will look at efforts to use a website to enhance curriculum. Specifically, the following needs were identified:
* An online database which would allow for the sharing of students' example sentences in a vocabulary course with future students in the same course.
* Online access of locally developed listening materials for a listening and speaking course.
* Online access of administrative and curricular files, for teachers as well as students, for all the courses in the language program.
In this presentation we will briefly outline the language program and demonstrate how the NWU curriculum website addresses specific program needs, those of teachers and students. We will also briefly outline some technical issues in developing the website and address any queries along that line that members of the audience might have. The audience will be encouraged to reflect on and contribute ideas on how websites can be incorporated into programs to enhance teaching and learning.
Organization: Toyohashi Chapter of the Japan Association for Language Teaching (Toyohashi JALT)
Cost: JALT Members: free
Non-members: 500 yen
Venue: Aichi University, Bldg 5 - room 543
You can add this event to your iCal calendar.
- Click on the iCal icon. Your iCal software will start.
- Click 'Subscribe':
- Under 'Auto Refresh', select 'Every day' in case the the basic details change:
You can add this event to your Microsoft Outlook calendar.
- Click on the MS Outlook icon.
- See what happens.
- Tell us what happens. I don't have MS Outlook on a Windows computer, so I can't test it.
- If you click on the icon and nothing happens, do this:
- Right-click on the icon and save the file.
- According to Microsoft's support page, in Outlook's File menu, you should click Import and Export.
- Click to select Import an iCalendar or vCalendar file (*.vcs), and then click Next.
- Click to select the vCalendar file you've just saved, and then click Open.
Contact Toyohashi JALT
Email QR Code:
Phone (home): 0532-88-2658
Email QR Code:
Phone (home): 0532-46-6299