Two Presentations on Extensive Reading
Date: Sunday, January 17th, 2010 Time: 1:15 PM - 4:30 PM
Speaker: David Williams, Jennifer Yphantides
Two speakers will present on the topic of Extensive Reading (ER). David Williams of Yokohama City University will speak on the connection between ER and standardized test scores. Jennifer Yphantides of Kanda University will share her action research, looking at ER with assigned readers versus books chosen by the students.
Organization: Yokohama Chapter of the Japan Association for Language Teaching (Yokohama JALT)
Cost: JALT Members: free
Non-members: 500 yen
Venue: Kanagawa Rodo (Labor) Plaza, meeting room one. 5 minutes from Kannai station. (map)
You can add this event to your iCal calendar.
- Click on the iCal icon. Your iCal software will start.
- Click 'Subscribe':
- Under 'Auto Refresh', select 'Every day' in case the the basic details change:
You can add this event to your Microsoft Outlook calendar.
- Click on the MS Outlook icon.
- See what happens.
- Tell us what happens. I don't have MS Outlook on a Windows computer, so I can't test it.
- If you click on the icon and nothing happens, do this:
- Right-click on the icon and save the file.
- According to Microsoft's support page, in Outlook's File menu, you should click Import and Export.
- Click to select Import an iCalendar or vCalendar file (*.vcs), and then click Next.
- Click to select the vCalendar file you've just saved, and then click Open.
Contact Yokohama JALT
Email QR Code:
Email QR Code: