Mini Conference: English Activities for Elementary Schools
Date: Saturday, February 13th, 2010 Time: 9:45 AM - 5:00 PM
Speaker: Tokio Watanabe, Tatsuto Tagami, Takamasa Motoyama, Tonya Kneff, Amanda Carr, Sue Fraser, Erin King and Shinobu Koya.
10:00 Tatsuto Tagami, Using English outside the English classroom (Japanese)
10:35 Takamasa Motoyama, Putting together 45 minutes of English activities to make a fun lesson (Japanese)
10:35 Tonya Kneff, Which language to use in the classroom? (English)
11:10 Amanda Carr, The Elementary English Environment - Comfort and Communication (Japanese)
11:10 Sue Fraser, Communicative Teaching (English)
11:45 Erin King and Shinobu Koya, Communication is Key: A Look into a Team-Teaching Relationship (Japanese)
13:45 Main Speaker: Tokio Watanabe, A Vision for Elementary School English Activities: English activities for non-linguists to tackle alone (Japanese with English subtitles)
Followed by group discussions.
Party afterwards at the Old Rock. All welcome!
Organization: Nagano Chapter (formerly the Shinshu Chapter) of the Japan Association for Language Teaching (Nagano JALT)
Venue: School of General Education, Shinshu University, Matsumoto
You can add this event to your iCal calendar.
- Click on the iCal icon. Your iCal software will start.
- Click 'Subscribe':
- Under 'Auto Refresh', select 'Every day' in case the the basic details change:
You can add this event to your Microsoft Outlook calendar.
- Click on the MS Outlook icon.
- See what happens.
- Tell us what happens. I don't have MS Outlook on a Windows computer, so I can't test it.
- If you click on the icon and nothing happens, do this:
- Right-click on the icon and save the file.
- According to Microsoft's support page, in Outlook's File menu, you should click Import and Export.
- Click to select Import an iCalendar or vCalendar file (*.vcs), and then click Next.
- Click to select the vCalendar file you've just saved, and then click Open.
Contact Nagano JALT
Email QR Code:
Email QR Code: