Extensive Reading Across the Ability Spectrum!
Date: Sunday, February 11th, 2001 Time: 2:00 PM - 5:00 PM
Speaker: Ronan Brown (Seinan Gakuin University), Stephen Donald (Nagasaki Junshin University)
Extensive Reading (ER) "requiring students to read in quantity, with enjoyment and interest the main motivators" is an effective means of developing reading ability and overall language competence. Ronan Brown will outline the rationale, design and management of an ER program that currently forms an integral part of the curriculum for English literature majors at Seinan Gakuin University.
Stephen Donald will explain the use of Pause, Prompt and Praise remedial-reading technique for learners with reading difficulties, and who need more guidance in order to become independent readers.
Organization: Fukuoka Chapter of the Japan Association for Language Teaching (Fukuoka JALT)
Cost: JALT Members: free
Non-members: 1000 yen
Venue: Aso Foreign Language & Travel College, Building #5, 1-14-17 Hakataekiminami, Hakata-ku Fukuoka-shi
You can add this event to your iCal calendar.
- Click on the iCal icon. Your iCal software will start.
- Click 'Subscribe':
- Under 'Auto Refresh', select 'Every day' in case the the basic details change:
You can add this event to your Microsoft Outlook calendar.
- Click on the MS Outlook icon.
- See what happens.
- Tell us what happens. I don't have MS Outlook on a Windows computer, so I can't test it.
- If you click on the icon and nothing happens, do this:
- Right-click on the icon and save the file.
- According to Microsoft's support page, in Outlook's File menu, you should click Import and Export.
- Click to select Import an iCalendar or vCalendar file (*.vcs), and then click Next.
- Click to select the vCalendar file you've just saved, and then click Open.
Contact Fukuoka JALT
Email QR Code: