Facilitating English Language Learning
Date: Sunday, January 27th, 2002 Time: 1:30 PM - 4:00 PM
Speaker: Ruth Cohen, University of Technology, Sydney
This presentation is about pedagogy as it applies to language teaching. This seminar will examine how using appropriate classroom learning and reflection activities can promote the development of communicative language by students and provide examples of activities that teachers can use. We will focus on the methods that can help facilitate learning by making it relevant and interactive and identify strategies that encourage students to use the target language in school and external settings. This seminar will also examine the use of peer learning activities. For teachers working in classrooms with JETS, this seminar can also consider ways to make that relationship more productive. This is a commercial presentation by the English Language Teacher Education Australia Project, which is sponsored by the Australia Japan Foundation.
Organization: Toyohashi Chapter of the Japan Association for Language Teaching (Toyohashi JALT)
Cost: JALT Members: free
Non-members: free admission for everyone this month
Venue: Building 5, Aichi University, Toyohashi Campus
You can add this event to your iCal calendar.
- Click on the iCal icon. Your iCal software will start.
- Click 'Subscribe':
- Under 'Auto Refresh', select 'Every day' in case the the basic details change:
You can add this event to your Microsoft Outlook calendar.
- Click on the MS Outlook icon.
- See what happens.
- Tell us what happens. I don't have MS Outlook on a Windows computer, so I can't test it.
- If you click on the icon and nothing happens, do this:
- Right-click on the icon and save the file.
- According to Microsoft's support page, in Outlook's File menu, you should click Import and Export.
- Click to select Import an iCalendar or vCalendar file (*.vcs), and then click Next.
- Click to select the vCalendar file you've just saved, and then click Open.
Contact Toyohashi JALT
Email QR Code:
Phone (home): 0532-88-2658
Email QR Code:
Phone (home): 0532-46-6299