Making the Most of It: Using Textbooks Effectively
Date: Sunday, December 5th, 2010 Time: 2:00 PM - 4:00 PM
Speaker: Michael Huang
Sometimes we are given the wonderful task of teaching a class or a course, using a textbook we didn't choose or materials we thought would be appropriate but were not. This workshop presentation will help you find ways to succeed in -- or at least survive -- such classes. To help make this meeting successful, please be ready to share textbooks and materials that you use...as well as past experiences with such situations! This workshop presentation is aimed primarily at teachers who work with young learners, children and teens but may very well be helpful to those who teach adults.
Organization: ETJ Sendai (English Teachers in Japan) (ETJ Sendai)
Cost: ETJ Members: 500 yen
Non-members: 1000 yen
Venue: Chuo Shimin Center (PAL City), 7 F, Sousaku-shitsu
You can add this event to your iCal calendar.
- Click on the iCal icon. Your iCal software will start.
- Click 'Subscribe':
- Under 'Auto Refresh', select 'Every day' in case the the basic details change:
You can add this event to your Microsoft Outlook calendar.
- Click on the MS Outlook icon.
- See what happens.
- Tell us what happens. I don't have MS Outlook on a Windows computer, so I can't test it.
- If you click on the icon and nothing happens, do this:
- Right-click on the icon and save the file.
- According to Microsoft's support page, in Outlook's File menu, you should click Import and Export.
- Click to select Import an iCalendar or vCalendar file (*.vcs), and then click Next.
- Click to select the vCalendar file you've just saved, and then click Open.
Contact ETJ Sendai
Email QR Code:
Mobile phone: 080-3273-2206