In My Life: Conversation Strategies and Personalized Content to the Max
Date: Sunday, December 19th, 2010 Time: 1:30 PM - 4:00 PM
Speaker: David Kluge
How can we get our students interested and participating in conversation classes? This is a question the presenter had struggled with until a little over ten years ago. The answer he came up with was to use the students own lives as the basis for all the lessons. His new book, In My Life (Macmillan LanguageHouse) is the result of fine-tuning the idea for over a decade. This book teaches conversation strategies while using information on the students' lives as content material. The author will give a very brief introduction to the book. Participants will then create their own materials and go through an entire unit. (See a preview of the book.)
Following this presentation, Toyohashi JALT will be holding our annual Bonenkai. It will be from 5:00 pm to 6:50 pm at the Restaurant Rosiere at the Associa Hotel Toyohashi. The cost is 5000 yen for all-you-can-eat/drink. Please contact Mr. Shiga (email@example.com) as soon as possible (latest registration is December 15th) if you plan to attend.
Organization: Toyohashi Chapter of the Japan Association for Language Teaching (Toyohashi JALT)
Venue: Aichi University, Building five, room 543
You can add this event to your iCal calendar.
- Click on the iCal icon. Your iCal software will start.
- Click 'Subscribe':
- Under 'Auto Refresh', select 'Every day' in case the the basic details change:
You can add this event to your Microsoft Outlook calendar.
- Click on the MS Outlook icon.
- See what happens.
- Tell us what happens. I don't have MS Outlook on a Windows computer, so I can't test it.
- If you click on the icon and nothing happens, do this:
- Right-click on the icon and save the file.
- According to Microsoft's support page, in Outlook's File menu, you should click Import and Export.
- Click to select Import an iCalendar or vCalendar file (*.vcs), and then click Next.
- Click to select the vCalendar file you've just saved, and then click Open.
Contact Toyohashi JALT
Email QR Code:
Phone (home): 0532-88-2658
Email QR Code:
Phone (home): 0532-46-6299