Writing: Making it more fun and productive
Date: Saturday, February 4th, 2012 Time: 6:00 PM - 8:00 PM
Speaker: ETJ Fukuoka Committee
All about writing! Teachers are encouraged to bring and share games, activities, techniques, stories, and other tips for writing at all student ages and levels. We'll also discuss theories of writing and how to inspire students to express themselves better. Questions for thought and discussion
- At what age should children start writing?
- What are the key ingredients for good writing assignments for university students and adults?
- What environmental and cultural conditions for Japanese students should be considered before choosing how to incorporate writing into classes?
- How can we balance university writing assignments and time grading papers?
- What if there's little or no writing in the textbook?
- What are your favorite games, songs, and other activities for practicing writing?
Teachers of all ages and situations are welcome! Enjoy drinks and dinner in Nishijin after the meeting! It will be a great chance to focus on teaching, exchange ideas, and network with other teachers in the Fukuoka community!
Organization: ETJ Fukuoka (English Teachers in Japan) (ETJ Fukuoka)
Cost: ETJ Members: 500 yen (membership is free at the door)
Non-members: 1000 yen
Venue: Seinan Gakuin University, Community Center (East Campus), Subway: Nishijin Station, Exit 1 (map)
You can add this event to your iCal calendar.
- Click on the iCal icon. Your iCal software will start.
- Click 'Subscribe':
- Under 'Auto Refresh', select 'Every day' in case the the basic details change:
You can add this event to your Microsoft Outlook calendar.
- Click on the MS Outlook icon.
- See what happens.
- Tell us what happens. I don't have MS Outlook on a Windows computer, so I can't test it.
- If you click on the icon and nothing happens, do this:
- Right-click on the icon and save the file.
- According to Microsoft's support page, in Outlook's File menu, you should click Import and Export.
- Click to select Import an iCalendar or vCalendar file (*.vcs), and then click Next.
- Click to select the vCalendar file you've just saved, and then click Open.
Contact ETJ Fukuoka
Email QR Code: