Storytelling in Teaching English
Date: Saturday, July 13th, 2002 Time: 1:00 PM - 3:00 PM
Speaker: Charles Kowalski
This workshop begins by exploring various reasons for using storytelling in the English language classroom, then moves on to exercises to develop participants' natural skill as storytellers (by focusing on voice, gesture, imagination, etc.), and concludes by exploring techniques for using stories as a component of a language class at all levels, even with complete beginners.
Organization: Okayama Chapter of the Japan Association for Language Teaching (Okayama JALT)
Cost: JALT Members: free
Non-members: 1000 yen, students 500 yen
Venue: Sankaku A. 2F
You can add this event to your iCal calendar.
- Click on the iCal icon. Your iCal software will start.
- Click 'Subscribe':
- Under 'Auto Refresh', select 'Every day' in case the the basic details change:
You can add this event to your Microsoft Outlook calendar.
- Click on the MS Outlook icon.
- See what happens.
- Tell us what happens. I don't have MS Outlook on a Windows computer, so I can't test it.
- If you click on the icon and nothing happens, do this:
- Right-click on the icon and save the file.
- According to Microsoft's support page, in Outlook's File menu, you should click Import and Export.
- Click to select Import an iCalendar or vCalendar file (*.vcs), and then click Next.
- Click to select the vCalendar file you've just saved, and then click Open.
Contact Okayama JALT
Email QR Code: