Brain mapping and learning
Date: Saturday, July 28th, 2012 Time: 6:00 PM - 9:00 PM
Speaker: H. Motegi and Ariji
This is a predominantly Japanese language presentation (questions can be taken in English) by two surgeons, Dr. Motegi and Dr. Ariji, who specialise in the brain, in particular mapping its responses to neural inputs (language & related stimuli), and the consequences of delayed stimulation e.g. deafness; alternative stimulation e.g. sign language; multiple stimulation e.g. bi-lingualism.
As both presenters approach this topic from an impirical, medical point of view, it should provide educators with a powerful insight into how that most precious of organs actually gets fired up.
Organization: Nagano Chapter (formerly the Shinshu Chapter) of the Japan Association for Language Teaching (Nagano JALT)
Cost: JALT Members: free
Non-members: 1,000 yen
Venue: Matsumoto City Tourism Office, 2F, 3-8-13 Ote, Matsumoto-shi, Nagano-ken
You can add this event to your iCal calendar.
- Click on the iCal icon. Your iCal software will start.
- Click 'Subscribe':
- Under 'Auto Refresh', select 'Every day' in case the the basic details change:
You can add this event to your Microsoft Outlook calendar.
- Click on the MS Outlook icon.
- See what happens.
- Tell us what happens. I don't have MS Outlook on a Windows computer, so I can't test it.
- If you click on the icon and nothing happens, do this:
- Right-click on the icon and save the file.
- According to Microsoft's support page, in Outlook's File menu, you should click Import and Export.
- Click to select Import an iCalendar or vCalendar file (*.vcs), and then click Next.
- Click to select the vCalendar file you've just saved, and then click Open.
Contact Nagano JALT
Email QR Code:
Email QR Code: