Date: Saturday, October 27th, 2012 Time: 2:00 PM - 4:00 PM
Speaker: David Callaghan, Fred Carruth, Jim George, Mark Brierley, Cheryl Kirchhoff
David Callaghan will revisit his JALT Conference (Shinshu JALT's featured speaker in Hamamatsu) presentation: Projects promoting agency in unmotivated students.
Inspired by theories of autonomy, and Meddings and Thornbury`s (2009) dogme method, I have attempted to encourage students to take control of their own learning and use previously learned knowledge in ways that are more engaging and relevant. This has led to more student-led 'project' based learning than textbook activities. This presentation will be an account of this attempt: examples of successes, and food for thought for the future.
Chapter officers Mark, Fred, Jim & Cheryl will also share their notes on the good, the bad & the ugly from JALT 2012. Excellent chance to catch up vicariously on the wealth of presenatations and furious networkings that is our annual conference.
Organization: Nagano Chapter (formerly the Shinshu Chapter) of the Japan Association for Language Teaching (Nagano JALT)
Cost: JALT Members: free
Non-members: 1,000 yen
Venue: Matsumoto City Tourist Information Office 2F
You can add this event to your iCal calendar.
- Click on the iCal icon. Your iCal software will start.
- Click 'Subscribe':
- Under 'Auto Refresh', select 'Every day' in case the the basic details change:
You can add this event to your Microsoft Outlook calendar.
- Click on the MS Outlook icon.
- See what happens.
- Tell us what happens. I don't have MS Outlook on a Windows computer, so I can't test it.
- If you click on the icon and nothing happens, do this:
- Right-click on the icon and save the file.
- According to Microsoft's support page, in Outlook's File menu, you should click Import and Export.
- Click to select Import an iCalendar or vCalendar file (*.vcs), and then click Next.
- Click to select the vCalendar file you've just saved, and then click Open.
Contact Nagano JALT
Email QR Code: