Rules, Tools and Jewels for teaching young learners (followed by Chapter AGM)
Date: Saturday, September 28th, 2013 Time: 5:00 PM - 8:00 PM
Speaker: Kim Horne
Explore songs, chants, picture books, class management tips, and other activities that engage young learners with movement, music, interactive reading, drama and MORE! Delve into the structure and strategies of an actual lesson designed to get students thinking, sharpen their senses and build their self-confidence. The presenter will also share some original and favorite activities for teaching phonemic awareness, phonics, shapes, and movement. This active presentation will show you essential elements that will add power and punch to your lessons to make learning fun for everyone!
Kim is from the U.S., and has been crisscrossing cultures since infancy. She has a B.A. in theatre, M.S. in Personnel Counseling and experience in acting, radio and TV. She began teaching English to children and training teachers in Japan in 2000. She currently works at Izumi Chuo Yochien, a private kindergarten with 350 students in Gifu City. Kim enjoys creative dance, photography, and writing haiku.
This will be followed by snacks and drinks, and the AGM (annual general meeting) consiting of Chapter Officer Reports for 2012-3 and elections for all Officer positions 2013-4
Organization: Nagano Chapter (formerly the Shinshu Chapter) of the Japan Association for Language Teaching (Nagano JALT)
Cost: JALT Members: free
Non-members: 1,000 yen
Venue: Matsomoto City Tourist Information Office, 2F (by the castle) map
You can add this event to your iCal calendar.
- Click on the iCal icon. Your iCal software will start.
- Click 'Subscribe':
- Under 'Auto Refresh', select 'Every day' in case the the basic details change:
You can add this event to your Microsoft Outlook calendar.
- Click on the MS Outlook icon.
- See what happens.
- Tell us what happens. I don't have MS Outlook on a Windows computer, so I can't test it.
- If you click on the icon and nothing happens, do this:
- Right-click on the icon and save the file.
- According to Microsoft's support page, in Outlook's File menu, you should click Import and Export.
- Click to select Import an iCalendar or vCalendar file (*.vcs), and then click Next.
- Click to select the vCalendar file you've just saved, and then click Open.
Contact Nagano JALT
Email QR Code:
Email QR Code: