Doing data analysis: Some tools and techniques
Date: Saturday, September 14th, 2013 Time: 6:30 PM - 8:00 PM
Speaker: Paul Collett and Trevor Holster
The first presenter will introduce the R statistical package to show how it can be used for different types of data analysis, as well as considering some of the substantive issues and critiques related to statistical analysis. The second presenter will introduce Rasch measurement, which assumes probabilistic patterns rather than machine-like deterministic patterns of success and failure. Rasch analysis will be demonstrated using data from a multiple-choice vocabulary test and from judged ratings of classroom presentations.
Organization: Kitakyushu Chapter of the Japan Association for Language Teaching (Kitakyushu JALT)
Cost: JALT Members: free
Non-members: 1,000 yen
Venue: Wel-Tobata, Tobata, Kitakyushu (map)
Location: Kitakyushu City, Fukuoka Prefecture, Japan
Add this to iCal
Add to Outlook
You can add this event to your iCal calendar.
- Click on the iCal icon. Your iCal software will start.
- Click 'Subscribe':
- Under 'Auto Refresh', select 'Every day' in case the the basic details change:
You can add this event to your Microsoft Outlook calendar.
- Click on the MS Outlook icon.
- See what happens.
- Tell us what happens. I don't have MS Outlook on a Windows computer, so I can't test it.
- If you click on the icon and nothing happens, do this:
- Right-click on the icon and save the file.
- According to Microsoft's support page, in Outlook's File menu, you should click Import and Export.
- Click to select Import an iCalendar or vCalendar file (*.vcs), and then click Next.
- Click to select the vCalendar file you've just saved, and then click Open.
Contact Kitakyushu JALT
Email QR Code: