Expatriate ELT Faculty Members and University Entrance Examinations: Beliefs, Assumptions, and Recommendations for Change
Date: Saturday, September 27th, 2014 Time: 3:00 PM - 5:00 PM
Speaker: Melodie Cook
This presentation focuses on several years’ research on expatriate ELT faculty participation in English entrance examination creation. Four themes will be highlighted: assumptions that expatriate ELT faculty bring to the examination creation process; the multi-functional nature of entrance examinations; how these tests stand up to recommendations for “good” language test creation practices, and recommendations for changing entrance examinations. It is hoped that this presentation will stimulate discussion about these life-changing tests.
Organization: Okayama Chapter of the Japan Association for Language Teaching (Okayama JALT)
Cost: JALT Members: free
Non-members: 500 yen
Venue: Notre Dame Seishin University, Logos Hall, Room 7-2
You can add this event to your iCal calendar.
- Click on the iCal icon. Your iCal software will start.
- Click 'Subscribe':
- Under 'Auto Refresh', select 'Every day' in case the the basic details change:
You can add this event to your Microsoft Outlook calendar.
- Click on the MS Outlook icon.
- See what happens.
- Tell us what happens. I don't have MS Outlook on a Windows computer, so I can't test it.
- If you click on the icon and nothing happens, do this:
- Right-click on the icon and save the file.
- According to Microsoft's support page, in Outlook's File menu, you should click Import and Export.
- Click to select Import an iCalendar or vCalendar file (*.vcs), and then click Next.
- Click to select the vCalendar file you've just saved, and then click Open.
Contact Okayama JALT
Email QR Code: